Inside the Castle...
Kasteel Wittem has served many different purposes down the centuries. It first came into use as a hotel & restaurant in 1958. In November 2010, the castle was bought by its present owners, Ronald and Silvia de Meij – Rooding, who have lovingly restored it to its former glory. It now houses a luxury hotel, with a brasserie and conference facilities. The castle incorporates the following:
12 hotel rooms | the Prinsenzaal (conference hall, also used for wedding ceremonies) | Brasserie | Lounge bar | Breakfast room | Library with reading table (also used for small meetings)
A great deal too can be experienced outside the walls of Kasteel Wittem. For example, take a walk around the 300-year old castle gardens. The castle is situated in the valley of the river Geul, one of the most beautiful in South Limburg. There are opportunities aplenty for walking and cycling, and the castle is just a stone’s throw away from the historic cities of Maastricht, Aachen and Liège. Opposite the castle is Klooster Wittem, a monastery that attracts thousands of visitors every year, not least on account of its monastic library and the beautiful Gerardus chapel.